Friday, August 15, 2008

My Other Passion

Lest you think the only thing I do is care for our kids, let me let you in on my other favorite thing to do: bake. While I don't have the time lately for multi-day home decorating projects, or even an afternoon to throw pottery on the wheel gathering dust in the shop, I seem to always be able to sneak in an hour or so to bake a pie, cookies, brownies... I'm getting hungry just thinking about what I could make.

Anyway, I want to share some of my favorite goodies with you; here's a fabulous pie recipe that I made this week. (Thanks Becky for sharing it with me!)

Apple-Raspberry Pie
Step 1: Put crust into pan, or use a premade pie crust
Step 2: Combine 1 T lemon juice with 5 cups apples, peeled and sliced
Step 3: Add to apples 1 (10 oz) container frozen raspberries in syrup, drained (reserve 1/2 c liquid for sauce)
Step 4: Heat in a pan on stovetop the reserved 1/2 c raspberry syrup, 1/4 c sugar, 2 T corn starch, 1/2 t cinnamon. Stir until thick; pour over apples and raspberries and put into crust
Step 5: Make streusel topping from 3/4 c flour, 1/2 c brown sugar, 1/2 t cinnamon, 1/3 c butter (softened). Cut together till crumbly. Put on top of apple mixture.
Step 6: Put pie plate on a baking sheet and bake at 375 for 40-50 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Sooooo Good!

No comments: