Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Greening Up

In honor of Earth Day, I thought I'd blog about a new way we are trying to "go Green" in our house. About a month ago, I switched Claire to gDiapers. They are a disposable-cloth hybrid, with a cloth cover and a flushable/disposable liner. The liner that catches the #1 and #2's can be flushed, composted, or tossed in the garbage, where it will break down in about 100 DAYS instead of 500 YEARS. When both kids were wearing diapers, it really got to me to see how quickly our garbage would fill up with nothing but diapers, so once Gabe was into underwear, I decided to apply the savings of having only one kid in diapers towards buying something more friendly to the environment. So far they are working out really well - and they are super cute to boot. If you want to know more about the "g revolution" (as they call it), check out their website: www.gdiapers.com

No comments: