Saturday, November 21, 2009

In Search of Sanity

This morning, in a moment of weakness, I gave the kids one of their Christmas presents early, hoping to buy myself some sanity. I had a fun outing planned, but Gabe's refusal to get dressed thwarted that, so in desperation I gave them this coloring castle I had ordered a few weeks ago. (I knew I shouldn't have gotten a jump start on Christmas shopping , especially for the two people I spend the most time with and that I love the most.) Hope I can make it the remaining 30+ days till Christmas without pre-gifting the rest of their gifts! But I will say, they had a great time with the castle, and actually quieted down and played together instead of the wrestling they were doing pre-castle. And the best part is, putting it together took awhile too, so now we've got less than an hour to go till naptime...


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the castle! I might have to look into one of those. We already gave Carter one of his books we were saving for Christmas if that makes you feel any better :)